Privacy and Cookies
For this website to run at its best, we ask the browser (like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer) for a little personal information. Nothing drastic, just enough to remember your preferences. Having this information to hand helps us understand your needs and improve our service to you.
We believe in being open and up front with customers, so we have developed our Privacy Promise, a quick and simple summary explaining how we manage, share and look after your information.
A cookie is a small piece of data stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive, which enables the Company to identify your computer when you visit this website, track your browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. Data provided by cookies is not personally identifiable.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you wish to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use, or lower the performance, of this website.
Google Analytics shows us how visitors find and use our website, which helps us to make informed site design and content decisions, with the aim of improving the site experience for visitors. The anonymous data is gathered by cookies, set on the visitor’s computer on entering our website.
There is nothing unusual in this, as the majority of websites use this tracking technology, either from Google or another provider.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You have the right to receive information about the personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) that we maintain about you upon written or e-mail request. You may make a request to us to change or modify your information at any time. (For example, you may change your email address or decide that you do not wish to receive certain marketing communications). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
What personal information do we collect?
We will collect various pieces of personal information about you when you complete our on-line request forms and when you contact us by email, including items such as your name, your email address, your postal address, your telephone number and whether or not you consent to the use of your personal information for further marketing.
Our system may also automatically record anonymous information concerning the number of visits made to the pages of this website.
How will we use your personal information and how will we contact you?
We respect your privacy and will only use your personal information:
- to assist with the processing of any request you make to us;
- to administer our website and gather broad demographic information about its users;
- to advise you of changes to our website;
- for marketing purposes (such as providing you with details of promotions, events, new products and services and so on offered by us which may be of interest to you)
- to review, develop and improve our website and the services and products we offer;
- to customise our website for you based on your demographics; and
- for other purposes to which you have consented.
We may contact you by email, telephone, fax, letter or otherwise:
- to keep you informed of the status of any request you have made to us via our website or by email;
- to obtain any additional information necessary to fulfil any such request; to verify your identity for security reasons; and
- for other purposes to the extent permitted by law and / or to which you have consented.
To whom will we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, subsidiary companies and business associates some of which may be established in countries in the European Economic Area other than the United Kingdom and which may use your personal information to process on our behalf any on-line requests received by us from you;
- our regulators, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors; and/or
- other third parties (if we reasonably believe it is appropriate to do so in order to comply with any applicable law, court order or legal requirement).
We may provide non-personally identifiable site visitor information generated as a result of your access to or use of our website to third parties at our discretion. Security for your personal information
We have in place security procedures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or theft of your personal information and in order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new GDPR guidelines.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line and accordingly you accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.